Thursday, July 20, 2017

Faux Embroidery Refashion


I whipped up this refashion just in time for summer. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of embroidered blouses this summer and I wanted to create my own. I had this embroidered blouse in my closet that I got in Mexico about 10 years ago. I wanted to update the style to make it trendier. Recently, I had bought some fabric markers and hadn't put them to use. I realized I could create my own "faux embroidery" with them. 

After I drew on my embroidered design, I cut some length off, added some elastic, and to finish it off I sewed on some pom pom trim.


TA DA!
For the full tutorial and more photos visit Sew Much Love, Mary



With Sew Much Love, Mary

5 comments:

Michelle Paganini said...

very clever!

whatthesew said...

Looks very colourful and pretty.

RanchHouse said...

Love the pom poms. Were they aadded? Shirt and styling are perfect as always.

I Can Work With That said...

I love the new look. It is very pretty and it has a nice boho vibe.
Chickie EOD

TheRefashStash said...

I love everything about this! You always look so cute in your refashions! Great job!

-TheRefashStash